Tips For Getting Your Home Sold Faster!
Preparing Your Home For Potential Buyers
Click here For A Market Analysis in your area
1. Curb Appeal - Fact: Homes that have a fresh outside apperance
get more intrest from potential buyers!
2. Staging / Uncluttering - Can buyers imagine themselves living in your house? Keep clutter such as mail and newspapers off the counter spaces, it is very easy to stack 'stuff' on flat surfaces -
resist it! Don't forget the front and sides of the refrigerator either!
3. Upgrades - Small things make a big difference, sink faucets, shower heads, kitchen hardware, door handles etc...
4. Move-In Condition - It’s important that doors, appliances, electrical, plumbing are in compliance and in working order!
5. Inspections - Having inspections done prior to listing is a good way to know that your home is ready to sell and also saves the buyer time and money!
6. Price It Right - Having a realtor who is familiar the current market conditions can benefit you when listing your house to sell! Price it competitively!
7. Promote - When choosing a realtor, ask questions like: Where do you advertise?, How are you planning to market our house?, Do you host open houses?
8. Perks For Buyers - Leave some quality items behind for the buyer, incentives to choose your home over the one down the street, items such as: stainless steel appliances, a flat screen TV, golf cart, lawn mower etc...
9. Get Rid Of Smells - Don't just cover them up, if carpets are stained, consider replacing them; if tiles are cracked or chipped, replace them; If linoleum is scratched, ripped, or worn replace it; wood floors can look great after a polishing! A fresh coat of paint helps smells too! In nice weather, open the windows for nice fresh air!
10. Remove Personal Items - Without items that belong to the sellers, it is much easier for buyers to see themselves and their items in your house- making it more desirable place to move into! Remove family schedules, pictures and other personal items from the refrigerator.
Fill out the form Below
Please call or email
Marianne Lilly, Realtor